Monday, August 1, 2011

Routine vs Schedule

Yes we have started school.  We started July 11th.  This was so that we could start slow and establish the change or difference between public schooling and home schooling.

Routine vs Schedule is what my biggest breakthrough has been these first days. Having a consistent routine and gradually adding to it has shown great progress.  I have tried to create routines that the girls would follow when they were in public school, so that they knew what was expected of them and to teach them responsibility.

Homeschooling changes the schedule, but we also change the routine.  We used to have to be at the bus stop before 6:50 every morning, but now they "can" sleep till 7:00.  This change has created a little less grumpiness.   I am still trying to establish a me routine for the morning, where I can have some exercise time and soul prepping for the day.  Have not got it down yet.  I am not setting a good example for being with the Lord and sometimes it shows with frustration and getting upset with them.

My goals for the next week will be to add 15-20 minutes of treadmill with working on a Bible Study I have been trying to do.

Please send your prayers!!!!

PS  I am still learning how to blog, so I will try to add buttons and links to my favorites soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment